Deputy, 2 others injured in accident
LAWRENCEBURG, Tenn. — Three people, including a Lawrence County sheriff’s deputy, were injured in a two-car accident Wednesday night, officials said.
Capt. Adam Brewer, of the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office, said deputy Brandon Smith, 22, of Leoma, was flown to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville.
Tennessee Highway Patrol officials said Floyd Price, 72, and his wife, Glenda, 69, of Lawrenceburg, Tenn., also were flown to Vanderbilt Hospital. Brewer said both Prices are in the hospital’s trauma unit in critical condition.
The accident happened about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at U.S. 64 and Robertson Road. Reports indicate the deputy was traveling west on U.S. 64, responding to a burglary call, while the Prices were traveling east on U.S. 64, attempting to turn onto Robertson Road.
The accident is under investigation by the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Lawrenceburg District.
Lauderdale County sheriff
- A laptop, two televisions — a 55-inch and 47-inch — a lever-action rifle, BB gun and a jar of loose change were taken from a residence in the 2700 block of Lauderdale 94, Florence.
- Patio furniture including four chairs and an umbrella, and a sling-blade were taken from a residence on Lauderdale 638, Florence.
- Two bottles of prescription pills, 10 plates, a door ringer and $300 cash were taken from a residence in the 200 block of Lauderdale 73, Killen.
- A residence in the 9400 block of Lauderdale 47 was broken into, but nothing was reported taken.
- A mountain bike was taken from a residence on Houston Street.
- Two bags of aluminum cans, scrap metal and scrap copper were taken from a residence on Woodland Hills Drive.
- A 1964 faded red Pontiac GTO was taken from a residence on Harris Street.
- Two bottles of prescription medication and a pair of work boots were taken from a residence in the 1200 block of Vine Street.
- Five pairs of earrings, leather wear, four bracelets and perfume were taken from a business in the 300 block of Cox Creek Parkway.
- Six men’s gold necklaces and a gold chain bracelet were taken from a residence in the 2000 block of Belview Road.
- A dishwasher, refrigerator and stove were taken from a residence in the 2000 block of Haviland Drive.
Breaking and entering
- Cash totaling $150 was taken from a 2010 white Toyota parked in the 100 block of Cox Creek Parkway.
- A purse and contents including checkbook, debit and credit cards, insurance card and Social Security card were taken from a 2009 red Pontiac G5 parked at a business on Cox Creek Parkway.
- An iPad was taken from a 2008 maroon Chevrolet Trailblazer parked in the 4000 block of Helton Drive.
- Jamie Groce, 29, 1002 Tyler Ave., Russellville; unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
- Ladarius Montez Edmonds, 24, 820 Seventh St., Southwest, Birmingham; unlawful possession of a controlled substance and second-degree promoting prison contraband.
- Jovan Alicia Jones, 23, 3418 Angerra Drive, Northwest, Hartselle; trafficking controlled substances.
- Catherine Marie Sanders, 23, 1613 Cullman St., Florence; unlawful possession of a controlled substance and driving while under the influence of a controlled
- Shayne Knight Lewis, 28, 483 Lauderdale 65, Florence; second-degree promoting prison contraband and public intoxication.
- David Norman Borden, 33, 413 S. Orleans St., Apt. C, Florence; 14 counts of fraudulent use of a credit card and one count third-degree theft of property.